Instead of writing the usual skincare arsenal, which I’ve done plenty of in Female Daily, I thought I’ll share what type products need to be in my routine.
See the list after the jump!
- First cleanser – only when I’m wearing makeup or sunscreen. Cleansing oil, balm, milk, cream or micellar water. My favourites are balm and cleanser. Fitting for my dry skin.
- Second cleanser – anything that is not greasy. Day and night. Non SLS soap for sure!
- Massage – Only at night time. Even then I’m so so lazy! I use massage cream or greasy thick balm.
- Thermal water – there are alot of this type of product from French pharmacy and I put it in its of product type cause I need to have it. Usually when I’m wearing mask I like to just spray thermal water to sort of cleanse the residue or when I’m massaging with a balm.
- Mask – now there’s the mask. I need to write a separate post but basically deep cleansing, smoothing and hydrating masks need to be in my routine. Just do it whenever you have time.
- Acid toning – day and night. Without fail. Anything with AHA/BHA/PHA with right amount and pH below 4. I’ve prepared an article for this on Female Daily.
- Hydrating toner – anything with hyaluronic acid and glycerin. Refreshing toner. No astringent, not even natural one. Twice a day afrer no. 6.
- Pre essence/booster/pre lotion – you know the sort of thing you put in place of SK-II FTE? Yes that one! I use both hydrating toner and pre essence because this particular product not only hydrates but works at cellular level to manage my skin. Day and night.
- Serum – usually somewhere alon the line of brightening, vitamin C and A. Or anything interesting. Day and night but usually I use different types.
- Oil! I like dry oil. Usually I’ll only use it for nighttime for when I need more hydration. Mix it with a bit of thermal water to tone down the texture.
- Hydrating serum – I specifically need this because my face is so bloody dry and dehydrated. It sort of acts like a glue for my hydration. Day and night.
- Moisturizer – self explanatory. Use emulsion type for day and cream for night. Or whichever one suits you. Usually I want more active ingredients for night time. Day and night of course.
- Sunscreen! Day time only.
- Eye cream – day and night. I prefer gel texture and hydrating one for daytime because they’re great under makeup.