I have been a real SK-II follower at one period of my life. I think that was when I had my fresh grad job. My aunt introduced me to the brand, she bought a set that she didn’t like and gave it to me and I’ve been in love ever since.I like the whole Japanese Skincare philosophy and it’s also one of the brands that make me research deeper into the east way of skincare ritual and philosophy. How their approach are sometimes different and even the product.
If you’re looking for an information regarding SK-II, I’ve written plenty of very informative articles regarding this brand on Female Daily. Please do a search on ‘SK-II’ I tagged them well so you’re not going to have a hard time doing a search. In my years as Editor, the SK-II campaign is one of the most fulfilling campaigns that I did because I truly believe in their product and I know that they’re good.
So, I thought since I’ve just started again using the ever so popular SK-II Facial Treatment Essence I’ll do an article about the what and how of this product.
When you’re thinking about purchasing this product here’s what you need to know.
- This is a pre-essence. Which means this is not a toner nor hydrating toner. It’s another step in the skincare ritual.
- It’s best to use this with a cotton pad, because the Japanese love to use a really thin watery products with cotton pad and sort of tap tap tap it into the skin so the product really absorb. Letting it air dry will not maximise the absorption of the product.
- If you’re combining this with another SK-II toner, say Clear Lotion or Cellumination Mask-in-Lotion, use this after after the toner.
- The after/before toner shindig could be confusing. You just need to ask the brand because they know best. In Korean brand, most of the pre-essence are used prior to lotion because their lotion is thick and you don’t need cotton pad. Whereas the texture of the pre-essence is finer, so you want to use the pre-essence first before lotion. But it’s not the case with SK-II. But if you’re using thicker texture toner/lotion, that you don’t need a cotton pad to apply it, you might want to use the SK-II FTE first followed by the thick lotion. Play it by ear, what works best for you is what’s best.
- This is not magic! But it does help to boost your skin at the cellular level so whatever you’re using next will be working better. It’s like having a F1 driver for your car (the serum).
- If you experience purging/negative reaction for more than a week, I don’t think this is for you. Let it go. Move on.
- Purging is not a good thing after a week, it’s your skin cry for help!
- If you’ve been using this ALONE, and it doesn’t work, HELLO! Need I say more? Again this is skincare product, not magic, people!
- Oh, you use your acid toner, hydrating toner followed by FTE. If that’s not clear already.
I’m sorry that I write in dot point form, broken sentences and all. I really wanna write something since I’ve been neglecting the blog but I have very little energy left. Good night!