As I’ve promised before on the post about detox for the skin, now I want to show you how I incorporate the products into my skincare routine.
As I mentioned before, the principal is to keep it simple. I chose the product from Trilogy because they work for me, simple enough and they provide enough hydration.
However, these steps below can be simplified even more. I’ll explain later at the end.
The first day, I still want to incorporate my heavy duty acid because I don’t want my skin to go without any active at all. So I picked the Biologique Recherce P50. The steps for the AM routine are:
- Cleanse with Trilogy Cream Cleanser
- Acid tone with P50 and wait for about 5 minutes
- Hydrate with Jurlique Skin Brightening Mist
- Apply the Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+ that I mix with a bit of Avene Thermal water to thin it out for hydration and treatment
- Apply Menard Embellir Day Cream for extra hydration and seal everything plus minimal protection.
However, I feel that this routine could be simplified. I want something that is not too strong and active. So I changed both the acid toner and hydrating toner with something lighter that is the Hada Labo Mild Peeling Lotion for acid toner and La Roche Posay Serozinc for hydrating toner after day one. This is for both day and night.
For night time, I used the Trilogy Everything Balm to cleanse my makeup because I need something stronger than a cream cleanser to remove all the dirt from my face. Additionally I need something that can remove the trace of balm so I picked the Glamglow Thirstymud Cleanser. The steps for the PM routine are:
- Cleanse all the makeup with Trilogy Everything Balm
- Second cleanse with Glamglow Thirstymud Cleanser
- Acid tone with Hada Labo Mild Peeling Lotion
- Spritz some La Roche Posay Serozinc for hydartion
- Treat with Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+
- Seal with Trilogy Rosapene Night Cream
After day 3, I ran out of my cream cleanser so I opt for this Missha Powder wash for morning cleanser and second cleanser or alternate with Glamglow Thirstymud Cleanser. Also, I skip double toning and go back to the basic Avene Thermal Water for toning. The steps are:
- Trilogy Everything Balm for first cleanser PM only
- Missha Green Tea Powder Wash / Glamglow Thirstymud Cleanser for second cleanser for PM or first cleanser for AM
- Treat with Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant+
- Seal with Trilogy Rosapene Night Cream for PM or I used Menard Embellir Day Cream for AM.
Actually, you can simplify it even more by using only 3 steps if you want to deliver a serious shock to the system. They can be as simple as:
- Double cleansing
- Tone with spring water, they’re simple!
- Serum/oil. Skip moisturiser.