I’ve been a huge fan of Antipodes skincare ever since I tried their Divine Face Oil. Overall, the brand is a legit natural skincare line that isn’t just a marketing BS, the price point isn’t as expensive as American organic/natural skincare brands, ingredients are solid, most products that I’ve tried deliver good to great result and most have the most wonderful scent. The only exception is the Joyous serum, which smell really fishy. I suspect it’s from the rosehip oil.
I’ve been delaying trying the Antipodes Apostle serum for quite sometime because I was already quite smitten with their Worship serum. I was afraid that this will disappoint me.
- If you’re looking for serum to lighten your skin or PIH/hyperpigmentation, this serum isn’t for you!
- But if you’re looking for serum that helps to give that radiant and glow back to your skin, than you might love this.
What is it for? (from the website)
The revolutionary antioxidant Vinanza Grape & Kiwi helps minimise the appearance of facial redness. Exfoliating enzymes from the superfruit kiwifruit and anti-inflammatory Vinanza Oxifend from pinot noir grapes leave skin gloriously glowing. Meanwhile, mamaku black fern and Reishi mushroom of immortality boost healthy cell renewal for true, fresh-faced beauty.
Waiwera© Artesian Water, Aloe Vera Juice Extract*, Mamaku Black Fern Leaf Extract, Sclerotium Gum, Vinanza Oxifend© Pinot Noir Grape Extract, Vinanza Performance Plus© Grapeseed And Kiwifruit Seed Extract, Vinanza Kiwi© Kiwifruit Skin Extract, Raspberry Seed Oil, Reishi Mushroom Extract, Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis, Cyathea Medullaris, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Amigel, Vitis Vinifera, Xanthan Gum, Vitis Vinifera And Actinidia Chinensis, Actinidia Chinensis, Rubus Idaeus, Gandoderma Lucidum, Essential Oil Fragrances Of Green Apple & Cardamom, Benzyl Alcohol¹, Cinnamal¹, Citral¹, Citronellol¹, Geraniol¹,
¹ Component Of Essential Oil
Some notable ingredients are:
- Reishi Mushroom Extract goes on top of the list because it is the one that I remember the most because it’s the main ingredient of Menard Embellir. It’s a great anti ageing ingredient.
- Aloe Vera Juice Extract and Aloe Barbandensis is of course good for soothing and calming your skin while at the same time provide a little bit of hydration.
All the vinanza ingredients I quoted straight from the website:
- Vinanza Grape: Improves elasticity and firmness
- Vinanza Grape & Kiwi: Brightens skin and improves skin appearance
- Vinanza Kiwi: Lightens skin, freckles and age spots
- Vinanza Oxifend: Reduces skin redness and inflammation
- Vinanza Oxifend Plus: Defends skin cells from oxidative stress. They also deliver skin-nourishing nutrients, and work to neutralise the free radicals that can damage your skin’s surface.
What do I think about it?
The texture for one is wonderful. It’s water-based serum that seeps into your skin instantly and it leaves no yellowish stain, unlike the worship serum. It’s very light so if you’re looking for a serum to layer with your actives, this is perfect as it will not feel thick and oily on your skin.
It’s loaded with antioxidant, so on days that I don’t wear heavy duty sunscreen and only relying on the sunscreen presence in my primer, this really helps in countering the negative effect of the UV radiation. Even after my laser treatment, my skin didn’t get irritated easily from UV radiation with the help of this serum. A true testament that the antioxidant is effective.
I think if you’re looking only for antioxidant serum, go for the Worship serum. But if you want to go an extra mile to have more glow on the skin, pick this one. But overall, the winning streak of both Apostle and Worship lies on their kick ass antioxidant rich ingredients.
Other than that, like I said, the overall tone of my skin improved significantly because it’s evened out. Hence, that glow on your skin!
Whether this serum is worth to purchase or not, is entirely up to you and your skin’s need.