I’m an avid double toning advocate, because I believe that daily exfoliation will help your overall skin complexion.
Here are some checklist of posts that you need to read first before continuing with this post to get yourself familiar with acid/exfoliating toner and double toning:
- A short description about exfoliating toner to get you started.
- All you need to know about exfoliating toner: the what, why, how and some gist on the products. (Bahasa Indonesia)
- Why daily and weekly exfoliation is important?
- Most importantly, why you need to do it responsibly!
- The most important question, do you need acid toner or not? (Bahasa Indonesia)
Now that we have everything out of the way, let’s start!
You want daily exfoliation, just enough but not too much! But how do you know when you’re overdoing it?
1. Drastic changes to your skin
Too oily or too dry. Know your skin condition, if it changes rapidly after daily exfoliation or heavy duty acid treatment, most likely your skin is over exfoliated. If you have oily skin and it excessively producing sebum, it means your skin is becoming dehydrated from all the exfoliation. Vice versa, dry skin can feel real tight when it’s over exfoliated.